Monday, January 18, 2016

Using Maven based Application with WebSphere Application Server in eclipse

Using Maven based Application with WebSphere Application Server in eclipse

Today, I would like to share my thoughts about using maven based application with WebSphere in eclipse. As we know maven directory structure is little different than normal dynamic web project.  Let us understand how to deploy an Enterprise Application project in Maven structure on WebSphere to debug it on eclipse.

This is not so straight forward because Eclipse needs to know the new directory structure of source code to take you to the debug point.

To make this simpler to understand I would like to demo it using an example of Enterprise Maven Project. You can read about Best way to create an EAR maven project at my BLOG.
I would take my example of EAR project from my github project.


  1. I would suggest to use latest Eclipse . I would take example of Luna Eclipse.
You can download Luna Eclipse from here.

          

2. Maven plugin is required for this. If it is not present in your eclipse you can add it from Maven update site.


3. You eclipse should have IBM Webshpere Application Server  Developer tools, so that we can have webshpere maven integration setup available.
You can get IBM Webshpere Application Server  Developer tools from here.




4. To confirm you have got the Maven setting. Check in following location.



5. Set you required project to use Maven value. For example if you are going to use you dynamic projects to use maven structure with IBM Webshpere to debug it, you should set it to Maven value.

Once you are done with the above mentioned setup, I think you are good enough to get started. Restart the eclipse and start playing around with maven and WAS Integration projects.

Please share you view and feedbacks, Thanks,

CHEERS!!!

1 comment: